Saturday, April 25, 2009

Christian Quinceanera Ceremony

Ceremony originally written by Adrian Olivas

Ceremony in Spanish

GIFT LIST

1. A Bible (preferably with a satin and lace cover or just plain white).
2. Baby shoes (They look better if they are white satin).
3. A ring (either with a birthstone or a small diamond, etc.)
4. Watch (preferably a dressy one)
5. A tiara
6. A rose bud, a rose in half-bloom and a rose in complete bloom.
7. A small and decorative perfume decanter.
8. A parasol that has been decorated to match the color scheme.
9. Each attendant may carry a white long-stem rose, which they can give to her at the end of the ceremony.

You may wish to begin the ceremony with a small explanation of the Quinceañera rite of passage. It was originally begun to introduce a young lady in society as ready for courtship. However, evangelicals have changed the meaning to be a time when a young lady dedicates and commits her life to the Lord publicly.

A ceremony is so much more beautiful when it is interspersed with music. For the processional someone may sing any Christian song, or traditional song. If the parents sing or the Quinceañera sings, they may want to choose a song that has great meaning to them. Make this event very personal.

CEREMONY

Pastor: Beloved in Jesus Christ, we have gathered here, in God’s presence to give thanks for the fifteen years of life God has given Miss ________________________________. We are glad that she decided to celebrate her birthday in the presence of God. The Psalmist says: "Because better is a day in your courts that a thousand outside of them. . . "We can say to ______________ family "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord.”Thank you for the invitation to this celebration, to this moment of Consecration.

This is a happy age, when young girls hold many dreams. But also it is a difficult age because it is at this age when a young lady becomes accountable for her spiritual life. From now on ­­­­­______________ you’ve ceased to be a little girl for you have become a young lady. Your parents have done what they can in rearing you in the admonition of the Lord, but you will now begin to make decisions and get ready for a little more independence. It is during this time that you will need Jesus as your friend, counselor and above all as Savior.

Pastor: Since you have decided to celebrate your birthday in the presence of God and with his blessing, I with your Family and God Parents will dedicate some items to you so that each time you see them you will always remember this joyous event. These are only symbols of that which is to come; that which will be in God’s presence one glorious day.

Presentation of the Gifts: the gifts can be presented by anyone the family would like to include in the ceremony, typically they are presented by Godparents, Family members, and close friends.

Pastor: (Take the Bible; give it then to the Quinceañera). ____________ “But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the (man) young lady of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:14-17). May this book always be a lamp unto your feet and light unto your path. Study it to show yourself approved unto God.

Rose Ceremony

Mother: (Gives the Rose Bud). This symbolizes your infancy. At this age you were innocent and unaware of sin. The Kingdom of God was yours without the need of salvation and repentance.

God Mother/Grandmother: (Gives the rose in half-bloom). But, as you grew you began to experience the effects of man’s sinful nature in your life. At this age you had knowledge of right and wrong. At this age is when you began needing Christ as Savior and Lord.

Grandmother/Older Female Relative: (Gives the rose in full bloom) And today, as this flower is in full bloom, beautiful and fragrant, so are you as you stand here today. But the Bible says of life, that it is as the grass, it flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone. Youthfulness is only a brief moment of time in life. All in life is pretense and the only important thing that is eternal is your soul. Keep it and guard it faithfully. And what better way to keep your life but by giving it to The Giver and Keeper of our days? He has promised you life eternal at His side.

Song: (Play music or have someone sing)

Godparents/Family Member: (Spiritual Mentor presents the watch; place it on the left wrist) This watch will serve to remind you that the coming of the Lord is very near. With each second, minute, hour, and day that passes, remember that you must always be prepared because we do not know neither the day nor the hour when He will come for His Church. But as you await His coming, may you be able to say as the Psalmist: "Teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain a heart of wisdom." (Psalm 90:12).

Godparents/Family Member: (God Parents present the parasol). This parasol will help you think on what the Lord has said "(My Glory) will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain" (Isaiah 4:6). When you find yourself in trouble or in danger may you always be able to say: "You are my refuge and my shield." (Psalm 119:114). Stand steadfast on this truth. God has given us more than 33,000 promises and all can be yours. Every promise, every verse, every line.

Godparents/Family Member: (God Parents present the perfume; give it to her). This bottle of perfume symbolizes the prayers and worship the saints offer to the Lord. Your life should not only glorify God but it must be used to win souls for Him "For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other the fragrance of life. . . “(2 Cor. 2:15;16). The proverb writer said that perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the psalmist confirms this saying: "May my prayer be set before you like incense." (Psalm 141:2). May you always please the Lord with your life and with your prayers.

Song: (Play music or have someone sing)

Parents: (Present shoes) These shoes symbolize your daily walk. When you were a little girl, I would take you where I wanted. You did not decide where or when you would go. Today I have rendered to you a most important responsibility and you are accountable to God for each step that you take. Remember that God is always watching you. And what joy you shall feel if when the Lord comes you can say, "I have chosen the way of truth; I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes." (Psalm 119:30,59).

Parents/God Parents: (Present the tiara and place it on her head). This crown is beautiful and radiant, but how much more glorious and beautiful will the crown which Jesus will give you on that day be? The Bible mentions a few crowns. Which ones do you want? The first crown promised is the crown of life. To obtain it the Lord says “be faithful till the end and I will give you the crown of life." For those that persevere He has promised “the incorruptible crown ", (1 Cor. 9:25). To those who long for His coming He has promised "the crown of righteousness", (2 Tim. 4:8). To the pastors He has promised "the crown of glory", (1 Peter 5:4) The Bible urges us to cling to our crown "I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown", (Rev. 3:11). Can you imagine how much more beautiful it will be when you stand before the Lamb, and you can do just as the twenty-four elders mentioned in Revelations, "lay your crown before Him and say Holy, Holy, Holy, thank you for redeeming me." (Rev. 4:8-10).

Parents: (Present the ring; place it on her right hand).This ring symbolizes authority. You have authority because you belong to the family of God. When the prodigal son returned, his father placed a ring on his finger because he had returned to the family and once again he had the authority that belonged to family members. Thus you have authority over the enemy because you are a daughter of the King, Jesus. This ring will also help remind you of the infinite love of God. As this ring has no beginning or end by virtue of being a circle, thus the love of God has no beginning nor end . . . God has said, "I have loved you with an everlasting love." (Jer. 31:3). For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11 NLT)

Pastor: A ring can also symbolize a pact. I understand you have a promise which you will make publicly.

Quinceanera’s Verse, Promise, and Thanks

Quinceañera: She can sing her song or Promise and recite verse. She can share what it means to be the kind of young woman God would like her to be, and then give her purity promise. Quinceañera: Next the young lady will offer her prayer of consecration. She may memorize Psalm 119:33-48 or write her own prayer.Quinceañera: Thank You Speech she will give words of thanks to her parents, give a testimony or sing a song.

Court Gift & Closing

Pastor: (Ask the attendants to stand at the altar). They can all present the Quinceañera with a single rose to her at the end of the ceremony Conclude the ceremony with a Blessing:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Or the Irish Blessing:
May the road rise up to meet you.May the wind always be at your back.May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Song: Closing Song

65 comments:

  1. i love it its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. beuatiful do yall have this in spanish, if possible email it to me tejaspaintandbody@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. i really really love this and can't wait to show my pastor, for our lil' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!if you have this in spanish,can you send it to me?PLEASE,PLEASE
    my E-mail mrnmrshrn@aol.com
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can lift/copy and then paste into translate.google.com - refine the grammar and it is done.

      Delete
  5. I am a non-Hispanic Baptist who has never even been to a quinceanera. My 14 year old daughter has a friend who will not get to have a quinceanera - both her parents are deceased and she lives with her brother, his wife and children, and they have told her they cannot afford to have one. We live in a small town with a very large Hispanic population and ALL the girls have a quinceanera. My very white, very blonde daughter has already picked out potential dresses to wear to her friends parties! The thought of this girl going through her first year in high school - without her parents - and watching everyone else have this party, knowing she won't have one, quite literaly brings me to tears! I have talked to my pastor's wife and a couple of ladies at my church, and we would like for our church to somehow give this child a quinceanera! The problem is we have NO IDEA how to do it! I will share the above with my pastor, but I don't know how much of that we can use since the child does not have parents and we don't want to do anything that would make that day painful for her by pointing that out or bringing attention to it. Another problem is that as Baptists, we believe that a person becomes a Christian when they make a personal decision to accept Jesus as their Savior and live the life that He wants them to live. We do not believe it comes at any particular age, as Catholics and some other Christian denominations do. I don't know exactly how we would balance that difference of belief.... but I'll let the pastor work that one out!! My problem is that I have no idea HOW this is all supposed to be done! I'm sure it is unheard of for a Baptist church to throw a Quinceanera for a girl who does not even attend the church, but my church is known as the church that helps people! We want to do this - we want to make it a beautiful thing for this child - and we know that if God is in it, it IS possible! We just need some help on the "how tos" and the details! If you or anyone reading this can be of any help PLEASE email me at gidget_psu@yahoo.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You unknown person!!! Do you just go to random pages to make poor people feel bad? You need to stop going to random places on the web and get a life pathetic loser!!👎 Jeez! People like you are why this world is so lame!! Grow up! And 2thosesuffering is SO right!! You are sick!!

      Delete
    2. I think that it is a beautiful thought of trying to "help someone in need". But before you try to do something it is very important to consult her living family to see if they are willing to have the ceremony and maybe they can help out, the brother can represent the family member and also friends that this young woman has .

      Delete
    3. God bless you and your pure intentions!!!! These ceremonies are not as traditional as they use to be so just the fact that you are doing this for her in it self will mean the world to her!!! You don't have to go through the whole ceremony but would definitely have your pastor say a prayer over her!!! She is going to need God and this may very well be the door that opens her heart to our Lord!!! God knows your heart and your intentions and He will guide you!!! God bless you, you deeply caring man of God!!!

      Delete
  6. This is perfec! I was looking for a christian cermony for my daughter and love this... Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With my daughter's Quince coming up on September this is PERFECT!!!! Thank you for posting. It's a big Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you i was reading my quinceanera will be auguest 14 of this year and thank you for your help

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much now i can plan my qince and do it in my cristian chuch!!!!! God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is exactly what I've been looking for and more. Thank you so much. Be blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this very much , its so fantastic.
    if you have it in spanish can u please email it to me!! thank you so much!!
    my email is : leenabenacorreia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so awesome!(: just what i was looking for...do you have it in spanish if you can..send it to my email: abby_twig561@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like this in Spanish, if possible! Thank you, such a great idea!!

    scamposr10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect. I need this exact thing to show my pastor. Thank you so much! Do you have it in spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This Is Amazing. I'm Trying To Figure Out How To Do My Own Quince. But I Don't Know What I Can Do Instead Of Having A Dance? I Think I Have My Ceremony Figured Out ! & If AnyOne Else Can Give Me Ideas About My Question Please Contact Me At smilesz17@yahoo.com
    Thanks!(:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much! This is a HUGE help to some of us who do not fully understand this rite of passage & want to make sure we are ministering to these families in the best way possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i lovee thiss i'vee beenn lookingg forr thiss causee i onlyy havee 9 monthss too plann outt myy wholee partyy <3;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. IN RESPONSE TO THE LADY THAT WANTS TO HELP THE YOUNG LADY.

    I'M HISPANIC,
    NOT ALL GIVE THERE DAUGHTERS A QUINCE, MY MOTHER WAS A SINGLE PARENT, AND COULDN'T AFFORD IT, MANY HISPANIC FAMILY CAN'T AFFORD IT, I WAS ALL RIGHT WITH IT,

    MY MOTHER PASSED WHEN I TURNED 16 YEARS OLD, I'M GRATEFUL I HAD HER THAT YEAR THROUGH MY 15TH YEAR, NOW I KNOW THAT WAS A GIFT FROM GOD, I DON'T KNOW WHY HE TOOK MY MOM WHEN I NEEDED HER MOST, I MAY NEVER FIND OUT.

    THIS YOUNG LADY IS FORTUNATE TO HAVE YOU IN HER LIFE, EVERYTHING DONE FROM THE HART GOD SEES, BUT JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS HAVING ONE, IS WERE WE HAVE, TO SEE IF IT IS WHAT GOD WANTS US TO DO.. IS IT GOD'S WILL? I WILL PRAY FOR THE BEST INTEREST OF THIS YOUNG LADY..

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just the perfect ceremony outline I was looking for. Thanks so much for posting..I belive God knew exactly what I had in mind and led me right to your site!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too beleave tht god sent me to this pasage.. i was looking for something tht would help me make my daughters quince as special as possible and jst ran imto this site.. god knew wht i was looking for... this is the most beautiful idea i've seen .. thnak you so much for having this on your site... is there anyway i can get it in spanish?? Snd to; morenomary1966@gmail.com god bless you..

      Delete
  20. Thank you for sharing your ceremony. I desired to find a resource that offers a Christian touch for my daughter's Quinceanera. I Praise God for showing me this site. God bless you for sharing with others.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!! i REALLY like this alott :) im having a chrishtian 15 on september 29 and i didnt really have much of an idea on the ceremony but now i do and i really like yours alott its perfect but my church is in spanish so if you have the ceremony in spanish it would be a big blessing if i could get it?? so if you do have it can you PLEASE email it to me at- sylviaoropeza19@yahoo.com .....THANK YOU!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. What kind of songs? I am invited to sing at a christian quinceanera and can't find any songs to sing :/
    please help with ideas!

    Sarai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarai, what a great honor. When I was choosing songs I found them on K-Love a contemporary Christian radio station, you can find and listen to K-Love online if you don't have a local Christian radio station at www.klove.com. For my daughter's Ceremony I used. On my Knees by Jaci Velasquez, In Better Hands Now, by Natalie Grant, and My Savior My God by Aaron Shust. If you are singing of course you will want to find songs that fit your vocals.

      Immediately after the ceremony and during dinner I used all Christian music, there are some really great Christian songs today from bands like Tenth Avenue North, and various other artists. One of the great things about Klove is that they have a free song every couple of week of so that you can download from itunes to start building a Christian music play list. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  23. Nice, simple, yet an intimate dedication with elegance unto the Lord for our Princess of the most high. Thank you for making yourself usable to the Lord, and posting this. We are doing our daughter's quince this year and this was of much help to us. I had some of these ideas in mind but I was trying to put them out and in order, along with a couple other ones. So after reading this was confirmation and clarification of a blessed quince for our daughter...I want her to remember her quince as more than an event but a acknowledgement of who she is in the Lord and grow a relationship with him and not religion. We are Pentecostal and all the ideas that were being given to me were from Catholic which were good ideas but some were not in our beliefs, was looking for something more intimate and not religion, so thanks again and God bless you and may He continue to use you for His will, giving Him all the honor and glory! *Mona*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both my daughter and I are blessed to have found your posting. It was truly God sent and I am confident that the Lord actually used your life to bless others with this posting and allowing others to use this for their princess'. May God bless you and we can't wait to use these soon on my daughter's quince. Blessings. The Caballero Family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so grateful that i found this website. I had no clue what to look for but my mom found this website and I really thank the Lord that we did find this website together. I'm turning 15 next year in February but I thought that I had to start a long time ahead but thanks to this website, this takes away one less stress. Thank you and God Bless you to wwhoever posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!I'm really glad I found this! I was planing on having a Quinceanera and I had absolutly no idea what to do for the ceremony!
    This was the best that i have found anywhere.
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would like to know if anyone can give me an idea on how I make a nice quince party for my daughter knowing we are pentecostal christians and have family and friends that are not christian be able to also enjoy the day without worldly music. Any ideas please. My daughter wants her friends to enjoy and have and not bored. I really dont know. I can make it nice and very chrisitn like but dont want my daughter to be unhappy seeing her friends unhappy and bored and wanting to leave.Please any input... God bless my email is mama787@juno.com thanks all

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you do much !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE IT WISH IT WAS IN SPANISH I THINK IM GONNA DO THIS CANT WAIT TWO MORE YEARS

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks,for all your hard work and thought put into this! I will enjoy sharing it with my family and using it for my daughter on Sat.!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. is it bad as a Christian to have music and celeabrate and dance ?

    ReplyDelete
  33. your post is to good because you have added good quality of content in your post.Simple Quinceanera Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  34. I used this ceremony for my older daughter was very happy to see it is still here for my other daughter. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just used this ceremony for my daughter's quince 3/8/14 and got so many compliments on how beautiful it was... Thabks to who put it on her for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  36. My mom says shes never heard of this and we keep arguing because she says quinces are for Catholics can you please explain there not and we can do this please I'm begging you email me this at selenastowe13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love what it said but do you have it in Spanish if you do send it to me at this e mail address, Adamartinez1984@gmail.com. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this I am planning my daughters quinces and I was wondering if there was a bible scripture to go with the earrings and the bracelet and the necklace please help my email is angalina34@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. What did you all do instead of the dance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still had a dance, this is just the ceremony piece of it:)

      Delete
  40. **You might want to delete January 31, 2015 comment

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow thank you. One question when is the scepter presented? Is it used in a NON Catholic sweet 15th.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love this ceremony. Do you happen to know how long Quince ceremonies generally last?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beutiful ceremony. Any chance that you may have additional sample ceremonies? Also I am looking for house blessings, new business blessings, if you could possibly point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Email homerrodriguez16@yahoo.com Thank you, Minister Homer Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  44. "Mother: (Gives the Rose Bud). ...The Kingdom of God was yours without the need of salvation and repentance...."
    I realize that not all Christians embrace the concept of "Original Sin" but saying that a child does not need salvation is very problematic in the Christian understanding. One might argue for the rest of the explanation, but I would encourage people who use this to consider a bit more the idea that someone (albeit a child) does not need salvation.
    Please take this in the charity that it is intended.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi there! Nice post! Please tell us when I will see a follow up!
    Cocktail & Party Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  46. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me.
    Cocktail & Party Dresses

    ReplyDelete

  47. According to official announcement of Punjab Examination Commission, the result of both classes will be announced on March 31,. Punjab Examination Commission (PEC) started functioning in 2005 and in 2006 conducted 5th grade population examination for the first time in the Province.

    5th Grade Result 2018, 8th Grade Result 2018, PEC Result 2018, PEC 5th 8th Grade Result, PEC 5th Grade Result, PEC 8th Grade Result, PEC Result

    ReplyDelete
  48. Can I have a dance routine and father dance routine with guys and girls for my 15th qinceñera

    ReplyDelete
  49. Iam 22 and when i was 15,i was close friends with a Hispanic girl.I went to her quince and she had on a pink,short sleeve,very poofy,floor length dress.Later on,at her party,i saw her holding the bottom of her dress up in front of some of her friends and saw that she had a cloth diaper and pink plastic pants on under the dress! I saw them quite plainly fro a short distance away.Later,i was told that the quince girls wear them to symbolize infant purity for their ceremony.I dont know if that was true or not.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hello everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this web page, and post is genuinely fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these articles or reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for share this type of post
    Quinceaner Mia Provide the best products

    ReplyDelete
  53. This made my day. Our Christian church has it to where they can have the. Ceremony at the venue or the church but the prices for either or are pretty high. But was told Any one from our Christiananity family can do the blessing in the venue and this will help alot thank you for sharing , came in handy

    ReplyDelete
  54. Does anyone have a section like this for the pastor on the passing of the doll ?

    ReplyDelete